How the actual fudge is it the end of March already?
It’s been a great month, friends. I’ve got so much to tell you, and it’s all exciting stuff! Keep reading–I’m saving the best for last 😉
- I’ve finished the first draft of the Self-Publish Your Debut Novel Like a Boss guidebook, and will proofread it over the next few weeks. I’ve contacted my betas and will send it to them over the next few weeks.
Don’t forget, this is a newsletter exclusive freebie, so if you want a copy be sure to sign up!
- I’m almost done with the handwritten edits of Darkened Light. My plan is to finish it next week, then apply the changes the week after, and to then send it back to my editor for the line edit. A month after that, I’ll be ready for betas.
It’s totally not too early to volunteer 😉
- I’ve written my short contribution to the anthology, and have set it aside for now. Whatever the release day will be, it’s far away yet so there’s no rush. Makes a nice change :’)
- I’ve started writing the prequel novella to Relics of Ar’Zac. While I’m not too far into it yet, I’m excited about it and can’t wait to finally tell this story.
- I’ve loved this week. I’ve worked from home for one week out of three now, and am amazed with how much work I’ve got done! Just think how much faster I could publish new books if I did this full time! I know I can’t afford to yet, but I don’t want to go back to the day job. This one week of working my butt of from my little home office has been eye-opening.
And a couple of exciting new developments I didn’t see coming at the start of the month:
I’ve decided to do Camp NaNo 🙂 The biggest challenge since I made that decision has been leaving it alone until April 😛 I’m in love with this dark, stabby, and bloody novella and can’t wait to share the first snippet!
My goal is 17k–the entire first novella. I’ve won the main event before, so this shouldn’t be difficult, right? oo
I’ve kept the best for last…
I’M ONE OF THE AUTHORS SIGNING HER BOOKS IN BRIGHTON THIS NOVEMBER!
It’ll be my first signing, so any advice from those of you who’ve done this before would be appreciated <3
I’m planning on bringing
- Rise of the Sparrows
- Wardens of Archos
- Blood of the Dragon (if it’s not out in time, I’ll bring exclusive ARCs)
- Darkened Light
If it’s ready, I might bring ARCs of the prequel novella, too. You’ll be able to buy the books directly from me on the day, or you can bring your own copies for me to sign. Of course, the ARCs won’t be available in paperback anywhere else yet, so your only chance of getting one is from me on the day 😉
I’m also hoping to bring bookmarks, tote bags, and mini posters designed to match my books.
The event is on the 10th November. Save the date, and come hang out with me <3
Now, I do believe all this is quite enough for one month!
I’ll see you next week for my April goals 🙂 If you’d like to put your name down to beta read my self-publishing guide book or Darkened Light, let me know <3
Sign up for my newsletter for updates on my books (like early cover reveals…) and recommendations to help you grow as a writer: